Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week One Weight Loss

Whew...I lost 2.4 pounds this week!!  I was so nervous stepping on the scale.  I know I "cheated" a lot this week.  I didn't track everything I put in my mouth and some of my meals I was just too lazy to figure it all up.  Plus, Walmart had Marshmallow Fluff on sale for 50 cents a jar so you know I couldn't pass that up!  I may have snacked on a spoonful or two of that while making a fluffanutter sandwich for Maddie. And I may have licked the peanut butter off the knife and had a little more too...

This week, I WILL do better!  I will track everything I put in my mouth and drink even more water than I had been.  I went caffeine free starting last Wednesday and it has forced me to drink more water when I'm not walking around with a cup of coffee in hand.  I'm feeling a lot better energy-wise now that I've cut out caffeine and increased my water intake.  I'm not saying I'm ready to go morning til night, but I definitely have more energy than I did even two weeks ago.  YAY!

On tonight's menu we have crock pot shredded beef flautas.  Oh yum.  My house already smells good and it's only been going for an hour.  Chuck roast, garlic, salt, cumin, green chilies and cilantro.  Seriously, does it get any better than that??  I'll try to remember to take some pictures tonight when I'm putting the flautas together so you can see how they go.

As of right now I'm planning on having 3 oz of the roast with 4 corn tortillas.  I'm not exactly sure how 3 oz looks so I might have to go with a little more.  But anyway, with the brand of white corn tortillas I bought and 3 oz of beef chuck roast, it works out to 11 points plus.  Not bad, huh?  That sounds like a reasonable dinner.  Although I'm afraid I might still be hungry and if that happens I'll just have a big bowl of fruit and hope that holds me over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment