Sunday, April 18, 2010

This Week's Challenge

In this post from my other blog, I talked about how I was going to give myself weekly challenges to put some spice back in my cooking!  Well, I started this week.  This week's challenge is to grill every night of the week.  I thought it was going to start out bad because the weather channel was calling for rain pretty much all day today.  So I grilled for lunch JUST IN CASE I wouldn't be able to grill for dinner.

For lunch we had grilled BBQ chicken thighs (boneless, skinless), grilled asparagus and some mac & cheese.

For dinner we had grilled Ham Steak, grilled mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and some brown rice.  I had a recipe for a glaze for the ham but didn't have 3 or the 5 ingredients so I improvised...I just mixed some blackberry preserves and honey and brushed that over the ham after it was heated through.  For the mushrooms and tomatoes I was just going to put some Italian dressing on them then throw them on the grill (on skewers).  Well, I didn't have any Italian dressing!  So I improvised and mixed some bread dipping herbs with olive oil and used that in place of the dressing.  It wasn't NEARLY as healthy as fat free Italian dressing but I think that's what I'm going to use from now on.  It was so tasty!  Best grilled mushrooms I've had in a LONG time.

Tomorrow we'll be having grilled portobello mushrooms and grilled broccoli.  YUMMY!  Believe me, I'll be using the herbs and olive oil on those babies!  Can't wait to try them!  Hopefully Maddie will eat it...

No comments:

Post a Comment